Wednesday, July 17, 2013

The Easiest and Best Fried Rice Recipe





I have made Fried Rice and Chicken Fried Rice several times.  This recipe is by far the easiest and most delicious recipe I have ever found for this dish.  Last weekend I just made Fried rice without chicken for a side dish.  It lasted for quite a few meals and was excellent!!  This is also on my Pinterest Board

Better-Than-Takeout Chicken Fried Rice
Ingredients:
*4 cups rice, prepared
*1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked (slow cooked teriyaki chicken is recommended)
*1 cup peas & carrots, frozen ( I used corn instead of the carrots)
*1 white onion, chopped
*2 cloves garlic, minced
* 2 eggs
*3 tablespoons sesame oil
*1/4 cup soy sauce

Instructions:
1.  Prepare rice according to package instructions to yield 4 cups cooked rice.
2.  Heat sesame oil in a large skillet on medium heat.
3.  Add onion, garlic, peas, and carrots.  Stir fry until tender.
4.  Crack eggs into pan and scramble, mixing throughout vegetables.
5.  Add rice, chicken, and soy sauce to pan.  Stir in soy sauce and remove from heat.

When I reheated this dish for the next dinner, I did it with a bit of sesame oil in the pan heated.  Then just added a little soy sauce.
Enjoy!!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment